Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's between afternoon and evening. Hmm.

Borrowed another survey-ish thing from Once Upon A Time.

If I were a month, I'd be November
If I were a day of the week, I'd be Sunday
If I were a time of day, I'd be the moment you wake up
If I were planet, I'd be Pluto
If I were a sea animal, I'd be a jellyfish
If I were a direction, I'd be east
If I were a piece of furniture, I'd be a shelf
If I were a liquid, I'd be vinegar
If I were a gemstone, I'd be fake
If I were a tree, I'd be a willow
If I were a tool, I'd be a little screw
If I were a flower, I'd be a magnolia
If I were a kind of weather, I'd be a sprinkling snow
If I were a musical instrument, I'd be a lyre
If I were a color, I'd be white
If I were an emotion, I'd be neutral
If I were a fruit, I'd be a pear
If I were a sound, I'd be whispering leaves
If I were an element, I'd be one of those ones at the bottom that aren't real elements yet
If I were a car, I'd be a something rusty and slow
If I were a food, I'd be a cube of tofu
If I were a were a place, I'd be the sea
If I were a material, I'd be off-white silk
If I were a taste, I'd be cupcake frosting
If I were a scent, I'd be vanilla and cinnamon
If I were an animal, I'd be a chickadee or a mouse
If I were an object, I'd be a magnifying glass
If I were a body part, I'd be an eye
If I were a facial expression, I'd be a vacant stare
If I were a song, I'd be 'The Minnow and the Trout'
If I were a pair of shoes, I'd be tall boots with buckles


This was so much fun!

Anyway, I sort of re-did my bedroom. More like un-did it, actually. I was beginning to notice how there was so much clutter pressing in on all sides of me that it was almost claustrophobia-inducing. And since I have the opposite of claustrophobia, this should have been lovely for me, but it really was not. I like things to be nice and neat, but you'd never know it by looking at my room.
So I took action.
I cleared all the crap off of my shelves and filled an enormous garbage bag with all sorts of things that I have but never use. Some of it, like the books and stuffed animals, can be given to Goodwill, but the wiffle balls, stacks of pictures cut from magazines, bits of chain, and bottles with only a droplet of lotion left in the bottom that I couldn't bear to throw away because they smell so good? Trash. And everything else was stuffed onto the top shelves of my closet or into my set of drawers.
I ended up with a fairly bare room. Some things, though, I couldn't hide: my shoes, my books, my guitar, and this enormous stuffed tiger that I am never going to throw or give away, no way. I chose to leave out my jewelry box and lotion/perfume/room spray/stuff I use every day.
A couple of days later I saw this picture on a blog...
... and decided to do something like it. I made "clouds" out of cotton instead of tissue paper and hung them from white nylon above my bed. I used to have little paper lanterns above my window, I took off the paper lantern part so that it was just a string of white lights and set it along the windowsill. Now my bed looks like this before I go to sleep:(Those two random blotches on the wall are hooks from my bulletin board. I have yet to take them down and fill the holes with putty.)
I don't have any more pictures of my room, sorry...
But who am I apologizing to? Nobody reads this blog. It's just a lonely forgotten corner of cyberspace. Sad. Remember when I thought I was going to stop?
(Should have.)
Anyway, I might keep doing a "blog," but not publish anything. That way I won't have to reread anything to make sure it's acceptable to show the world, and besides, there isn't much of a point of showing the world something if they aren't going to look at it.
I don't mean to sound pessimistic. It's just true. And I have started that other blog that I said I was going to start, so I can keep publishing on that one and delete this one.
I don't know. We'll see.

If you read this, I love you~~

No comments: