Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Valentine's Day post, early.

I count all the reasons I love you before I sleep,
Count the endless reasons instead of sheep.
Because even when I close my eyes, I only see your face,

And I shi
ver because I am not wrapped up tight in your warm embrace.
You left me with a
frozen heart, a silent heart that will no longer beat,
A heart that fell asleep and never woke, a heart shamefully accepting defeat.
But sometimes,
When I smother my thoughts,

And cover my ears and my eyes with my pillows and my sheets,
And tell myself you were never important to me, I can hear tentative heartbeats.

I count the h
eartbeats before I sleep,
Count the lies instead of sheep.



Yes, I took that picture and did not edit it. There was actually a heart-shaped puddle on the front lawn of my school.
Prettycoolhuh??
But now that I think about it, I should have gotten an angle that reflected something more eye-appealing than a school building. I mean, it makes the whole picture so much more bluh than it would have been otherwise.
Then I thought it would be cute to whip up a little love poem to go with it. But don't worry, it's not based on any actual experiences/emotions; I'm not heartbroken.
But that's not all I've been whipping up!
I've been working on my valentine to give people this year. Last year I was boring: a little card and candy. I almost fall asleep just thinking about it.
THIS year, I am making fudge, then pressing those little conversation hearts on top, and making rice krispie treats with pink sprinkles, putting them in a cupcake liner with two jumbo conversation hearts, covering the whole thing with tissue paper, and tying it up with ribbon.
*claps excitedly*
I have pictures and everything...
Fudge with conversation hearts pressed in them!


Pink-sprinkled rice krispie treats!

^ Yeah, when I spread the mixture out to fill the entire pan, the treats were realllly thin. So I kind of compromised by doing this. ^

Liners waiting to be filled with delicious treats...


And f-i-n-a-l-l-y, what's done now. I'm still waiting for the fudge to set, so this is all you're going to get to see. (So far.)


Ta-da!
Valentine's Day is really sort of a pointless holiday, unless you have a wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/husband who will dutifully buy you stuff. It consists of the aforementioned buying of stuff for each other of couples, plus giving your friends little cards and candies.
It just doesn't seem special enough to be a holiday, you know?
But then, you don't see me complaining that Boxer Day is a pointless holiday, so whatever.

<3

No comments: