Friday, February 26, 2010

Look this up: Nudiustertian

1.
Changed my profile picture from the random shot of a chocolate bar that I stuck in there when first starting this blog over a year ago to one that I took while in Monterey.

2.
I am thinking about starting another blog, but very different from this one. Sometimes I get really angry or sad about something, and a stream of poetry and prose flows out of my imagination. The little word-bundles are very nice really, but too dramatic and stupid to post here where people who know me in real life can see it. So if you stumble across a blog that maybe uses some pictures you've seen here, or uses language that sounds like me, maybe it is me, indeed.

3.
I saw 500 Days of Summer the other day. Well, half of it. I walked in while my sister was watching it for the billionth time. She'd offered to watch it
with me before, but I'd always said no. Why? When I asked what it was about, I got something along the lines of
Sister: "OMG IT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER THIS GUY M
EETS THIS GIRL NAMED SUMMER AND THEY'RE LIKE IN LOVE BUT NOT REALLY BUT THEY SPEND 500 DAYS TOGETHER AND IT'S SUPER SWEET I LOVE IT."
Me: "Uhnothanks."
But since I had nothing better to do, I watched what was left of it. Surprise: it was a lovely movie. Not good by any means, but enjoyable to watch. It's a know
n fact that I only like animated movies and those aimed at the six-to-ten-year-old crowd, so to enjoy a movie like this is a big step towards teenagerhood for me.
This completely random and completely hilarious dance number made me laugh for at least a year or two, and I begged we watch it again and again. (To which my sister had no complaints.) I don't know why I was so amused by this scene, but I was. However, I also find food falling in slow motion to be hilarious beyond words in any language, so I don't know if that counts for anything.
I also love this quote, even though I'm not usually into movie quotes so much.(-Nobody likes Ringo Starr.
-That's what I like about him.)
I can really identify with this. I like things that nobody likes, just because I think that somebody should.

4.
I am a vegetarian now. I decided this over the break. My mom and dad are none too happy about this decision, but they are dealing with it. Why? Because for one, meat is sort of disgusting, always has been for me. I saw pork shoulders at the grocery store the other day. Can you imagine a row of dead pigs, with either a machine or a butcher taking a huge blade and hacking out the shoulders, then shrink-wrapping it for sale? Ugh.
Not that I will judge you if you do eat meat.
But also because I have heard too many horror stories about animals being tortured in slaughterhouses. Animals are supposed to be living lives. Actual lives. I don't think any living thing should be in a cramped cage their entire lives under horrible conditions. And if enough people are vegetarians, the demand for meat will go down and less animals will be killed for meat.
Let me put it this way. Imagine thousands of dead cows being stripped out of their skins and being put through a machine that grinds them up and spits them out the other end, now as red squishy hamburger meat.
That's why.

(I could post some really awful pictures I've seen, but I won't to save your eyeballs from melting into their sockets. You're welcome)

No comments: