Friday, January 1, 2010

What do blind people think people look like?

It's a new year. Can you smell the fresh air? Does it seem cleaner to you? Does it taste newer?
Yeah, I don't think so either.
Usually my cousins come over for New Year's, and we stay up until midnight and pop those little firecrackers and light sparklers and watch the ball drop like normal people. This year they didn't come over, I got too tired to stay up until midnight, and my dad forgot to buy the sparklers and poppers.
It's not like we wasted an actual real holiday, though. I mean, it's not as if we didn't hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, or like we forgot to put up Christmas lights. New Year's isn't really so much to celebrate.
And we are sort of celebrating by going to see a movie today. Whenever there's a movie I want to see, I go with my friends. It's been a long time since I've gone with the rest of the family like I used to. So this should be dandy, eh?
Except for that my mom bailed on the rest of us. She and I wanted to see The Blindside, and my dad and sister wanted to see Avatar. She didn't put up much of a fight.
Mom: "Okay, I won't go. Save a couple bucks."
Gee, mom, I can tell you were really excited about our bonding experience. I didn't put up much of a fight either after that, without even some flimsy support from her.
Me: "Okay, I guess I want to see Avatar, too, then."
So I looked the movie up just now, because all I knew about it was that it involved strange blue people in outer space. It is THREE HOURS long, and doesn't appear to be about anything at all except blue people bopping around in an outer space forest. The trailers aren't exactly the most informative pieces of video I have viewed in my life.
I don't believe I will enjoy this movie. But who knows? Nobody knows! Maybe I will love it! You can't be sure about anything until you try-y-y!
Yeah, so, I have to leave now.
Enjoy your life.

No comments: