Thursday, August 13, 2009

What would happen...

...if you see your doctor shuffling through the halls sobbing while a nurse measures and weighs you, and are later told that she has had a family emergency and is not "emotionally stable" enough to give you your checkup? Guess what would happen.
You would have to sit in one of those uncomfortable paper gown thingies wondering what happened, then shift around on your butt waiting for them to find you a different doctor, then nod and smile and say it's okay when various nurses poke their heads in the door and say yes, they are still looking for a doctor, and get told to get dressed again and sent into the waiting room, and then called back awhile later and put into a room and given another one of those gowns as well as an unfamiliar doctor, and after an hour and so many minutes since first exiting the waiting room you receive your checkup.
They said I had an irregular curving lump on my back. By the time we got to the X-ray unit, they were closed. I have to go back there later today.
But before I got my checkup I went to the mall with mah sistur, and bought STUFF. Namely, a dress, a shirt, and a bottle of water. In the bus on the way there there was a guy who talked constantly to his pal the entire way, describing a story in rapid bursts of swear words. I plugged my iPod into my head and listened to the Mamma Mia theme song over and over and over and over and over until we got there.
I'm going back there today to see Julie and Julia, which looks like one of those movies that looks really good in the previews but ends up being terribly boring. Last night I saw the Boy in the Striped Pajamas, which was one of those movies that looks really good in the previews but ends up being just okay.
I don't really have anything else to say. Three days til school. Ack.

No comments: